*Bitter gourd – 2 nos.
*Grated coconut – 1/2 portion.
*Ginger – 1 small piece.
*Shallots – 200gms.
*Green chilies – 2 nos.
*Onion – 1 no.
*Coriander – 4 tablespoons.
*Tomato – 1 no.
*Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon.
1) Slice bitter gourd to thin slice.
2) Chop shallots, green chilies, ginger, and onion.
3) Chop coconut bites to bite size.
4) Slice shallots(6 nos).
5) Roast grated coconut, coriander, dried chilies.
6) Grind coconut mixture, whole garam masala, and dried chilies(12 nos) to make a thick paste.
7) Heat a pot with oil, splutter mustard. Saute sliced shallots(10), dried chilies(2), coconut bites. When coconut changes its color saute in the chopped shallots, green chilies, ginger, and onion.
8) In another pan heat oil, Saute in the sliced bitter gourd. season with salt, saute in turmeric powder, curry leaves, and finely chopped tomato.
9)Saute in coriander, garam masala mix, and the paste prepared in step 6. Season with salt. Add water, cover, and bring it to boil.
10) Once it comes to boil, remove it from flame.
Theeyal with bitter gourd ready