- Maida- 2 cups
- Baking soda -1/4 tsp
- Curd- 4 tbsp
- Ghee-2 or 3 tsp
- Cardamom powder-1 tsp
- Sugar 1 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice 1/4 tsp
- Saffron few strands
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Firstly we take a large mixing bowl take 2 cup maida also add sugar, baking
powder, saffron, curd ,milk, lemon and ghee. combine well.
- Then we add little by little amount of water and start to make dough without
- Apply some oil in the dough , and rest for 15 minutes
- To make syrup, add sugar,cardamom powder and water to a pan. Boil till one
- Make the dough into equal lemon sized balls. Take one ball and flatten it with
- Then make dent in the centre with your thumb .
- Heat oil in a pan ,on low flame till the balls turn golden brown and crisp.
- Dip it in the sugar syrup Let it stay 10 to 12 minutes . Take it out from the
syrup and place it on a plate.,
- Serve the Diwali sweet and enjoy.