- Tapioca- 1 kg
- Bread crumbs- 4 or 5 nos
- Egg-4 nos
- Onion-2 nos
- Ginger-medium 1
- Garlic -7 to 8 pts
- Green chilli-3 nos
- Curry leaves-2 sprig
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-2 tsp
- Pepper powder-1 tsp
- Oil-for frying
- Salt-to taste
- Peel tapioca, chop them into smaller pieces.
- Then we boil water in a deep bottomed vessel by adding tapioca and turmeric
powder mix well After the tapioca is half cooked add salt..
- Cook well and drain the water completely and transfer the tapioca in to a bowl
- Then we take a spoon or fork mash the cooked tapioca.
- Take a pan add bread crumbs and salt well for 5 or 6 minutes and transfer
into a bowl
- Beat an egg well and keep in a small bowl
- Then we heat oil in a pan , add chopped shallots ginger ,garlic ,green chilli
paste and curry leaves .Saute until the raw smell goes .
- Again we add powders like garam masala,red chilli powder,turmeric,pepper
powder and salt ,saute well
- Add the mashed tapioca to this masala and mix well .
- Then we Shape the tapioca mixture into small cutlets with your palm.
- Dip each tapioca Cutlets into the egg and then roll in the bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a Frying pan and fry the cutlets on both sides until golden in colour.
- Remove from the oil. Leave them on the paper towels for the excess oil to
- Serve hot kerala style tapioca cutlet with tea or coffee