- Basmati rice-1 kg
- Ghee-3 or 4 spn
- Cashew nut-15 or 20 nos
- Raisins-15 or 20 nos
- Onion-4 or 5nos
- Cinnamon-2 nos
- Cardamom-2 nos
- Bay leaves-2 nos
- Cloves-2 nos
- Green chilli-3 or 4 nos
- Lime juice-1/2 lime
- Coriander leaf –small amount
- Mint leaves-small amount
- Salt –to taste
- Water- 11/2 ltr water
- Heat a pan with ghee,fry cashew and raisins,set this a side to a small bowl.
- Then we add the sliced onion Stir and saute till the onions turn golden
colour,and set a side.
- Then we take a large pan add ghee ,bay leaves ,cloves,cardamom,cinnamon
saute just a minute
- Add sliced onion and green chilli saute for some minutes
- now add 1 cup basmati rice (soaked 10 to 20minutes ) and roast for 2 or 3
minute without breaking rice grains.
- Then we add lemon juice and salt.
- Add 1 ½ ltr water on the pan mix well
- Cover and cook with a lid.
- Once the rice grains are cooked, give a standing time of 5 to 6 minutes.
Remove the lid. Fluff the rice gently with a spoon.
- Finally we garnish with coriander leaf,mint leaves,fried onion,cashew and
- Turn off the flame and serve the kerala style easy ghee rice with chicken
- Enjoy the taste…
Leave a Reply