- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – 3 or4 sprigs
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli – 6 or 7 nos
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Salt -1 or 2 tsp
- Take a pan add urad dal and toor dal saute for few minutes and set aside.
- Again add dry red chilli to the pan ,fry for1 or2 minutes, keep aside.
- In a pan add the water and salt boil them well.
- Then slowly added the rice flour, stir them well for 2 to 3 minutes, keep aside.
- Crush the sauted ingredents like urad dal ,toor dal and dry chilli into fine powder ,keep aside.
- Once the rice dough is slightly cooled, make small sized balls and press the middle of the
balls, keep a side.
- Then take a idli steamer add water boil them well .
- Once the water is boiling put the idli plate with the rice balls on top of the plate and cover
with lid ,then cook for 10 to 15 minutes .
- Then turn off the flame and remove the steamed rice balls to the plate.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed ,let them cracled.
- Add toor dal ,dry red chilli and curry leaves ,saute for few seconds.
- Then add steamed rice balls, mix them well.
- Add grated coconut and crushed powders like urad dal ,toor dal etc ,mix and cook for 3 to 4
- Remove from fire and keep a side.
- Serve the tasty breakfast with tea or coffee.