- Urad dal -1 cup
- Rice flour -1 cup
- Ghee-3 or 4 tsp
- Black cumin seed-2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water –for mixing
- Coconut oil for frying
- First we take a large bowl take 1 cup urad dal and rinse well.
- Then cook the urad dal with 2 cup of water,cook till they become soft
- Again we blend to a fine paste adding water as required. keep aside.
- Take a large bowl add rice flour, salt, ghee and cumin seed mix well.
- Then we add grinded urad dal batter and knead the dough.
- Mix well and add water as required .
- Take a mould and fix to the chakli maker,
- Then we make a cylindrical shape out of dough and place the dough inside
- Heat oil in a pan ,to make small spiral shape murukku by pressing in to the
- Deep fry till golden colour and crispy
- Store in a air tight container.