- Rice – 2 cups
- Grated Jaggery – 1 cup
- Banana – 6 or 7 nos
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Coconut pieces – ½ cup
- Cardamom – 3 r 4 pods
- Oil – 2 or 3 tbsp
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- First we have to rinse rice in water ,then soak the rice in water about half an hour.
- Then drain all the water and keep aside.
- Take a bowl add water and jaggery ,mix well and drain ,set aside
- Then grind soaked rice and jaggery water .
- Then we add banana and cumin seed , grind everything together to a smooth nice batter.
- Then the batter transfer into a big bowl and set aside.
- Crush cardamom and add it into the batter bowl ,mix well and rest for half an hour.
- Heat ghee in a pan ,fried the chopped coconut pieces untily it turns light golden brown .
- Transfer the fried coconut into the batter bowl and mix well.
- Now we have to heat unniyappa chatti pan .pour coconut oil in each mould.
- Then pour the batter into each mould .
- Cook well till one side is golden and crisp.
- Then turn over each unniyapam with spoon .
- Drain excess oil and transfer into a serving plate.
- Repeated the same procedure to make the rest of unniyappam.
- Serve and enjoy hot
Leave a Reply