- Toor dal Vadai – 1 /2 kg
- Beet root – 2 nos
- Onion – 2 nos
- Green chilli – 3 nos
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Dry red chilli – 3 nos
- Garlic – 1 nos
- Salt – to taste
- First we have to wash and soak toor dal and dry red chilli for ½ hrs .
- Then drain water and set aside.
- Crush the ginger into fine paste and keep aside.
- Grind the dal and dry red chillies to a coarse paste with out adding water.
- Then we have to transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Then add grated beetroot,garlic paste ,chopped onion,green chilli ,curry leaves and salt ,then
- Add rice flour and mix it well.
- Then we have to grease hands with water ,make a small balls and flatten the vada, set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,add a few vadas in to the hot oil .
- Then stir occasionally until the vadas turns golden and crispy.
- Drain and set aside.
- Finally serve and enjoy the beetroot vadai with tea or coffee