- Sardine fish – 1 kg
- Shallots – 7 or 8 nos
- Garlic – 4 or 5 nos
- Curry leaves – 4 or 5 sprigs
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- green chilli- 4 nos
- Ginger – 1 nos
- Fennel seed – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Oil – 5 or 6 tbsp
- Wash and cleaned the sardine fish ,drain and keep a side.
- Then grind greenchilli, ginger and fennel seed into fine paste.
- Again add grated coconut, red chilli powder ,turmeric powder,shallots, and garlic into fine paste and
- Then marinated the cleaned fish and salt with grinded masala and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add marinated fish and fry till they become crisp .
- Drain and keep aside.
- Again we used same pan for frying the marinated grated masala .
- Add some curry leaves andsaute them well.
- Then add fried sardine fish and mix with masala.
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- Serve and enjoy the kerala style coconut sardinefry with meals
Leave a Reply