- Sardine fish -1kg
- Shallots – 9 or10nos
- Green chilli – 3 nos
- Garlic -6 or 7 nos
- Ginger -1nos
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek powder – 1 tsp
- Malabar tamarind – 3 or 4 pieces
- Salt – 1 or2 tsp
- Oil- 2 or3 tsp
- Firstly cut and washed the sardine fish, drain and set aside
- Take a mud pot add sardine fish, Malabar tamarind, curry leaves , salt and some oil mix them well.
- Add some turmeric powder and fenugreek powder mix them well.
- Then add chopped shallots, green chilli and chopped ginger, combine them well with clean hands and
- Then we have to crush green chilli, grated coconut ,shallots and garlic ,set aside.
- Now we have to add the crushed coconut masala into the sardine fish pan and combine them well.
- Then pour some water and stir .
- Cook the fish covered and once it boils, cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Stir in between and add some salt.
- Now the water will slowly dry and when it is semi dry, turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy with hot rice.