- Pappads – 4 or 5 nos
- Green chilli – 3 nos
- Shallots – 6 or 7 nos
- Garlic 4 or 5 nos
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Dry red chilli – 3 nos
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- First we have to crush green chilli,grated coconut into fine paste,shallots ,garlic and cumin
seed ,set aside
- Then cut the pappads into small size .heat oil in a pan and fry pappads in it.keep it aside
- Again we add some oil in the pappad frying pan ,add and splutter mustard seeds .
- Then we have to add shallots and green chilli saute well.
- Add curry leaves and dry red chilli saute for 2 to 3 minutes
- Now we have to add curry powders like turmeric powder and chilli powder mix well and
saute for some minutes.
- Add crushed coconut paste and water mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then we have to add fried pappads and mix well.
- Remove from fire and set a side.
- Finally we have to add some salt and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy the Kerala style pappadam curry with rice.