- Sardine fish -1 kg
- Shallots-9 or10
- Garlic-8or 9
- Ginger-1 medium
- Tomatoes – 2 nos
- Malabar tamarind – 2 or 3 nos
- Green chilli – 3 nos
- Curry leaves -3 sprigs
- Red chilli powder- 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Firstly ,clean ,cut and wash the sardine fish set aside.
- Then crush ginger ,garlic and shallots ,set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add curry leaves and green chilli.
- Then add crush ginger,garlic and shallot paste, saute them well.
- Now add curry powders like red chilli powder, turmeric powder, fenugreek powder and pepper
powder ,saute them well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and half glass of water mix them well and cook till the tomatoes become
- Then add Malabar tamarind and salt ,cover and cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add cleaned sardine fish ,cover and cook till the fish become well cooked.
- Remove from fire and keep aside.
- Serve the tasty sardine curry with meals.