- Rice flour – 1 ½ cup
- Jaggary -250 grm
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Cardamom- 3 or 4 nos
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Take water in a pan add jaggary andboil themwell.
- Drain and keep a side.
- Crush cardamom and cumin into fine powder ,keep aside.
- Heat a pan add grated coconut and drained jaggary water saute them well till the coconut
become dry .
- Add crush cumin and cardamom mix them well.
- Remove from fire and keep aside.
- Again heat sufficient amount of water in pan add rice flour and combine them well, remove
from the flame.
- After some times we mix the dough with neat hands and combine them together.
- Then make small balls from the dough and gently flatten it with your fingers.
- Place the coconut & jaggery mix in the center,then press the rice balls and join them well.
- Then gently roll the rice ball to get a neat round shape.
- Heat water in a steamer ,and place idli plates.
- Then put the dough ball in the idli mould, cook for 9 to10 minutes.
- Remove from fire andkeep aside.
- Serve the tasty kozhukkatta with tea