- Rice – 1kg
- Jackfruit – 2 cup
- Cardamom – 4 poda
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar 4 or 5 tbsp
- Dry yeast powder – 1 or 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Oil – 1 ort 2 tsp
- First soak the rice in water for 2 to 3 hours.
- Then peel ,cut ,remove seed and choppe the jack fruit .keep a side
- Then we have to crush cardamom and set a side.
- Grind rice,grated coconut and salt into fine paste and keep a side.
- Again we have to grind chopped jackfruit into smooth paste t and keep aside.
- Then we have to take a pan and add ½ cup of batter (rice grinding batter)to it.to this add 1 cup of
water and mix well.
- Keep the pan on heat and stir it continuosely in low flame.stir till it become thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool completely and add this to rice batter, and mix well
- Then we have to take a small bowl add dry yeast powder, sugar and water mix well and set a side.
- Then we have to add grinded jackfruit, crush cardamom, dry yeast mix in to the rice dough pan and
mix well and keep a side for 20 to 30 minutes .
- Then we have to add salt in to the dough pan and mix it well.
- Then we have to take steamer ( idali steamer) add 2 cup of water and steam well.
- Then we have to grease a steel plate with oil.
- Pour the batter in the greased plate and keep it for steaming.
- Steam it for 10 to 15 minutes until done.
- Remove from heat, after cools down cut them into pieces
- Serve and enjoy the taste of kinnathappan recipe with black coffee