- Urad dal -1/2 cup
- Asafoetida -1 small piece.
- Coriander seed – 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli – 4 ort 5 nos
- Fenugreek -1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Onion – 1 nos
- Drum stick – 3 nos
- Banana – 1 nos
- Tomato- 1 nos
- Ladies finger – 2 or 3 nos
- Green chilli – 3 or 4 nos
- Brinjal – 1 nos
- Pumpkin – ½ piece
- Tamarind – small size
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a pan add asafoetida piece and fry it well and keep a side
- Then we use the same pan and add coriander seed,dry red chilli,fenugreek seed,curry leaves, and
grated coconut and saute well till they colour change to light brown and keep a side.
- Then we have to grind the roasted coconut ,asafoetida and other ingredients into fine paste and
keep a side.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan add onion and green chilli .
- Then we have to add vegetables like drum stick, pumpkin, brinjal ,ladies finger etc
- Again we have to add dal ,1 table spoon of oil ,salt and water ,mix well .cover and cook till the
vegetables are well cooked.
- Ones it is ready we have to add grinded fine paste of roasted coconut and little amount of water mix
well and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Take a small bowl add tamarind and water squeeze well and drain the water ,then we have to add
the tamarind water into the sambar pan and mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan add mustard seed ,let crackled
- Add dry red chilli and curry leaves saute well and pour into the sambar pan and mix well.
- Remove from heat and serve with idli
- Rice – 1 kg
- Urad dal – ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Water – ½ cup
- First we wash and clean rice and urad dal separately
- Then we have to soak rice and urad dal for 2 to 3 hrs separately
- Drain excess water and grind rice and urad dal into smooth batter
- Transfer the batter to a large bowl .keep aside for 2 to 3 hrs
- After 2 to 3 hrs add 1 tsp of salt and mix well .
- Heat water in a idli steamer
- Then we have to scoop the batter into idli plate greased with oil.
- Then place the idli plate into the steamer and steam for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Finally soft idli recipe is ready remove from heat and set a side.
- Serve and enjoy the idli with sambar