- Raw jackfruit – 2 cup
- Rice flour – 1 kg
- Jaggery -250 grm
- Cardamom – 3 pods
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Cumin seed powder – ½ tbsp.
- Ghee -2 tbsp
- Salt –to taste
- First we peel and remove the seeds from the jackfruit and cut it into small .
- Then we grind the jackfruit into smooth paste and keep aside.
- Then we melt the jaggery with 2 cups water and heat in a heavy bottom pan and bring to boil
- Then we strained jaggery water and keep aside.
- Now we have to crush the cardamom and set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan add grated coconut, jaggary water and pinch of salt and saute well
- Again we add cumin seed powder,crushed cardamom and grinded jackfruit pulp and
- Then we have to add ghee and rice flour little by little and make smooth dough .it should not be too
thick or loose.
- We have to pour two cups of water in the idali steamer.
- Then we have to take a clean bay leaf and shape it into a cone and secure it with a stick.
- Fill the leaf cone with dough .then we repeat the process .
- Transfer the filled cones to the idali plates and steam cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- When they are done ,remove from the heat and set a side.
- Serve and enjoy the taste of ripe jackfruit snacks.