- Rice -1 kg
- Dry yeast -1 tsp
- Sugar – 11/2 tsp
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- First we have to wash and soak rice for 3 to 4 hrs.
- Then we have to take a bowl and add small amount of water ,dry yeast and sugar mix it well
and keep aside.
- Take a bowl add grated coconut and ½ cup of water,mix and squeeze it with hands and drain
the coconut milk and set aside.
- Then we have to drain excess water of soak rice and set aside.
- Now we grind the soaked rice ,cooked rice and coconut milk into fine paste and transfer the
batter into a large bowl.
- Again we have to add dry yeast mix into the batter and mix well
- Cover and keep aside for fermenting for 8 to 10 hrs
- Then add a pinch of salt into the fermented batter and mix well.
- Heat small amount of oil in a pan and pour a ladlefull of batter into the pan.
- Then turn the pan in circles so as to spread the batter
- Then we have to cook till the base becomes light golden colour.
- Remove from pan and serve with egg curry.
- Egg-5 nos
- Ginger -1 medium
- Garlic-6 or 7 nos
- Grated coconut-1 cup
- Onion-3 nos
- Green chilli -3 nos
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Tomato -2 nos
- Coriander powder -1 tbsp
- Garam masala -1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Fennel powder -1/2 tbsp
- Cinnamon-1 nos
- Cardamom-3 nos
- Cloves -2 nos
- Salt – to taste.
- Oil – for cooking
- Water – 1 cup
- First we have to boil and peel the shell then cut in half.
- Then we have to crush ginger and garlic ,set aside.
- Then we have to take a large bowl add grated coconut and water mix and squeeze with hands
,drain the thick coconut milk and set a side.
- Again we have to add water into the squeezed coconut and mix well and drain ,then we get
thin coconut milk and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add cinnamon, cardamom and cloves stir well.
- Add chopped onion,green chilli and crushed ginger and garlic mix well and saute for 4 to 5
- Add curry leaves and saute well.
- Then we have to add coriander powder,garam masala,salt and turmeric powder mix well and
saute for some minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute and cook well till they become soften.
- Ones the tomatoes are well cooked,add thin coconut milk and mix well
- Add fennel powder and saute and let it boil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Then we have to add boiled eggs.
- Finally ,add thick coconut milk and mix slightly,cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Serve and enjoy with appam.