- Chicken – 1 kg
- Shallots – 9 or 10 nos
- Green chilli – 4 nos
- Ginger – 1 medium
- Garlic – 6 or 7 nos
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Dry red chilli – 4 or 5 nos
- Coriander seed – 1 tbsp
- Pepper seed – 1 tbsp
- Fennel seed – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 3 or 4 nos
- Cardamom – 3 nos
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Oil – for cooking
- Salt – to taste.
- First ,we have to crush ginger and garlic set a side.
- Heat oil in a pan add dry red chilli and roasted well,set aside.
- Again we used the same pan add some coriander seed,pepper seed,fennel seed ,cinnamon and
cardamom saute well and set a side.
- Heat oil in a pan add spluttered mustard seed.
- Add shallots and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then we have to add chopped green chilli,crushed ginger and garlic saute well.
- Add some salt and turmeric powder mix well
- Add cut and cleaned chicken pieces ,mix well and cover,cook well till they chicken become soften.
- Now we have to crush the fine powder of roasted ingredients like dry redchilli and coriander seed
and etc… set aside.
- Then we have to add the roasted grinded masala in to the chicken cooking pan and mix well.
- Add some water ,curry leaves and mix ,cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from fire and set a side.
- Serve and enjoy the chicken chettinad recipe with appam or meals.