- Wheat flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Banana – 3 nos
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Cardamon- 4 or 5 nos
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Heat water in a steamer and place idli mould.
- Cover and boil them well.
- Remove the lid and place the banana.
- Then we have to steam banana for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Take a banana leaf and cut it into small sheets. Set aside.
- Remove the lid and check whether the skin of the banana is starting to split in places.
- Remove the steamed banana and allow it to cool.
- Peel the steamed banana and set aside.
- Then cut the steamed banana with a knife and remove the small seed.
- Then mash the steamed banana with a spatula.
- Take a bowl, add mashed bananas and jaggery.
- Combine them well.
- Then add the grated coconut, salt and crushed cardamom powder,mix them well.
- Then add wheat flour and continue mixing thoroughly until the dough becomes smooth.
- Place a lemon sized piece of dough in the centre of the banana leaf.
- Then flatten it with your finger and fold the leaf on its four sides and set it aside.
- Then they placed the adas into the steamer one by one.
- Cover and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once it is ready, remove the adas from the steamer and set it aside.
- Serve and enjoy the tasty steamed banana pancake with tea or coffee
Leave a Reply