- Rice – 2 glass
- Banana – 3 or 4 nos
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Bay leaves – 10 to 12 nos
- Firstly, we have to soak the rice in water for an hour.
- Drain and rewash the rice with water two to three times.
- Again, drain and dry for about 12 to 13 minutes.
- Then grind it into coarse flour.
- Then clean the bay leaves and set them aside.
- Heat a pan and add grinded rice flour.
- Then roasted them well.
- Take the pan off the heat and set it aside to cool.
- Heat water in a steamer and place the idli mould
- Take a pan and add roasted rice flour, grated jaggery, and grated coconut.
- Add the peeled bananas and smash them well.
- combine them well with your fingers and, without any lumps, keep a side
- Take one bay leaf.In the centre of the leaf, place a lemon-sized piece of dough.
- Flatten it with your finger
- Then roll the two edges of the bay leaves with the dough mix.
- Insert the stem into the middle of the leaf
- Then do the same with the remaining dough.
- Then place the appam in a steamer.
- Then steam it for 12 to 13 minutes.
- After that, remove the lid and set the therali appams aside.
- Serve the delicious Therali appam with tea or coffee.
Leave a Reply