- Rice -1 cup
- Banana – 1 nos
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Cardamom- 2 pods
- Jaggery- 250 grm
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Oil 1 tbsp
- First we crush cumin seed and cardamom separately and keep a side.
- Take rice powder in a bowl ,add enough hot water and mix well ,keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan .when the oil is hot ,add chopped bananas and saute for some minutes.
- Then we add grated coconut and jaggery saute for some minutes or until jaggery melts completely
- Again we add crushed cardamom and cumin powder mix well turn off the flame and keep a side for
- Then we warm the banana leaves and grease the leaf with oil.
- Then we take a ball sized dough and spread over a banana leaf
- Again we fill the dough with jaggery and banana mix on one side of the dough and fold from the
other side and press lightly.
- Then we place in a steamer and steam for 10 to15 minutes or until it is cooked completely.
- Then finally, ela ada is ready for turn off the flame and keep aside
- Serve and enjoy the sweet taste of ela ada.