- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Egg – 3 nos
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3 or 4 tbsp
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- First we take a bowl add grated coconut and water then squeeze well and set aside
the coconut milk
- Then we beat eggs in a bowl, add enough sugar and mix well.
- Take a large bowl and add coconut milk , egg, cumin seed and rice powder and mix
- Again we add some coconut milk and salt mix well and to avoid lumps and make a
fine and smooth batter.
- Heat oil in a pan ,when the mould is dip into the batter.
- Take the mould from the batter and dip into hot oil. When the batter is cooked it
will detach itself from the mould and fall into the oil.
- Then we continue this process to make the rest of the achappams .
- Then they change the colour into light brown evenly remove from oil. Allow
them to drain well .
- Serve and enjoy the traditional style achappam with tea..