- Banana – 5 or6 nos
- Maida flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 3 or 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1/2 ltr
- Take a bowl add maida,rice flour,turmeric powder,sugar and cumin seed,Mix them well.
- Add a little water at a time and make a smooth batter.
- Then peel and cut the bananas into half and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan .
- Ones the oil is hot dip the banana slices in the batter and coat them well.
- Then carefully pour it into the hot oil.
- Deep fry the banana ,until it become golden brown and crisp.
- Drain excess oil and keep aside.
- Serve the kerala style ethakka appam with coffee or tea.