- Dried prawns, cleaned – 1/2 – 3/4 cup, rinsed well
- Cabbage – 1 medium, chopped (Makes about 2 cups)
- Carrot -2 nos
- Shallots – 5 – 6, chopped
- Curry leaves – A few
- Coconut oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Grated coconut – 3/4 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilly -3nos
- Ginger-small piece
- Garlic 2 to 3 petals
- Salt – To taste
- In a pan, add cleaned dried prawns and dry roast it for few minutes and keep
- Grind grated coconut ,green chilli,shallots,garlic, and turmeric together to a
coarse mixture. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
- Add cabbage,carrot and ginger and salt to taste, then mix well.
- Then we add dried prawns and grated coconut paste,mix well. Cover and
cook for about 8-10 minutes on low flame till done.
- Then remove the lid and stir well for 1-2 minutes till all the water dries up…
- Remove from flame and serve kerala traditional style cabbage prawn stir fry
- Enjoy the taste of stir fry
Leave a Reply