- Ripe banana : 3 medium, (cubed)
- Green chilies : 2 (slit)
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
- Dry red Chilli : 3or4 nos
- Curry leaves : 3 or 4 sprig
- Water : 1/2 cup or as required
- Yogurt : 1cup
- Grated coconut : 1 cup
- Garlic : 1 pods
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds : 1/4 tsp
- Coconut Oil : 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- First we cook the ripe banana pieces along with a water, turmeric powder,
salt until it turns to soft and tender.
- Grind grated coconut, green chillies, garlic and cumin seeds to a fine
- Add grounded coconut paste, fenugreek powder to the cooked ripe
banana, mix well and cook for some minutes.
- Add yogurt to the curry and mix well and cook for some minutes at low
- In a pan, heat oil and add the mustard seeds, When it start to splutter,
add dry red chilies and curry leave.
- Pour this over the prepared banana pulissery gravy and mix well. Cover
with a lid for 10-15 mins. Let the flavor set.
- Turn off the flame and serve kerala traditional pulissery with meals and
enjoy the meals