- Fish -1kg
- Coconut oil -3 tbsp
- Malabar tamarind- 3 or 4 pieces
- Fenugreek powder-1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Green chilli- 3 nos
- Ginger –small piece
- Curry leaves-3 sprig
- Grated coconut-1 cup
- Birds eye chilli-6 or 7
- Small Onion -6 or 7
- Garlic-10 or 15 cloves
- Salt to taste
- To prepare meen peera.wash and clean the fish with tamarind and water
- Take a earth pot add cleaned fish ,Malabar tamarind, oil ,fenugreek powder, turmeric powder ,ginger
,curry leaves,chilli and salt to taste.keep a side
- Then we crush or coarsely grind together coconut,onion,birds eye chilli,garlic and coconut .
- Add the grind coconut mix in to the pot and mix well.
- Now add a little amount of water,just enough to cover the fish.
- Cover the lid and cook on a high flame .remove the lid and sauté occasionally and cook till water has
- Remove from heat and serve with rice or tapioca