- Fish -1 kg
- Ginger- medium piece
- Garlic -7 to 8 petals
- Shallots-9 to 10
- Tomato -2 medium
- Curry leaves -2 sprigs
- Coriander seed-small amount
- Pepper seed-small amount
- Dry red chilli-8 or 9 nos
- Coconut milk – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- First we cut and clean the fish, and keep a side
- Then we crush grind ginger and garlic ,keep a side
- Then we grind dry red chilli and salt, keep a side
- Again we grind coriander seed and pepper seed grind well
- Then we mix the all grinded ingredients with turmeric powder
- Marinate the fish with grinded smooth paste and keep it for 10 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan Add shallots and curry leaves , saute till shallots become
golden brown colour.
- Add grinded masala paste and saute till the raw smell of the powders go off.
Keep low flame to not get it burned.
- Add tomato and saute till it become soft and mushy. Keep the pan covered to
make the tomatoes soft soon.
- Add coconut milk and saute till the masala become thick.
- Then Shallow fry the fish in coconut oil and keep aside
- Take one banana leaf, place some masala and place one fried fish on top of
that and put some more masala.
- Fold the banana leaf and make a packet. Tie with a string
- Heat a tawa sprinkle some coconut oil and place the fish packets and cook
both sides for 10 to 13 minutes in a low flame.
- Turn off the flame and serve the kerala style pear lspot fish fry with meals
- Enjoy the taste..