- Rice flour-1 cup
- Jaggery -1 cup
- Cardamom-3 or 4 nos
- Cumin seed-1 ttsp
- Cashew nut -250 gm
- Salt-to taste
- Water –to use
- First we crush cardamom and cumine seed into fine powder
- Heat a pan add jaggery and water once it is melted completely strain it to
remove the impurities
- Then heat the strained jaggery over medium low heat add grated
coconut,cumin seed,cardamom powder and cashew nut mix well ,and keep a
- Pour rice flour on to a bowl. Add a pinch of salt. Mix well. Now start adding
water little by little. Keep mixing the flour and water till you get chapathi dough
consistency. Knead well and keep aside.
- Take a turmeric leaf spread oil on the top , Spread rice dough on turmeric leaf
. Thinner the layer of spread, better will be the taste. Fill in with jaggery and
coconut mix. Fold one half of the leaf and keep a side
- Place in a steamer and steam for 15 minutes or until it is cooked completely.
- Finally turn of the flame and serve the kerala traditional turmeric leaf ada
- Enjoy the taste..