- Anchovy fish – 1 kg
- Shallots – 19 to 20 nos
- Garlic – 8 to 9 nos
- Ginger – 1 nos
- Birds eye chilli – 15 to 16 nos
- Curry leaves – 2 to 3 sprigs
- Malabar tamarind – 5 or 6 nos
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek powder – 1 tsp
- Firstly, we have to crush birds eye chilli into fine paste.
- Then add the grated coconut and turmeric powder, shallots, ginger, garlic and curry leaves into coarse paste ,set aside.
- Take a pan and add cleaned anchovies fish .
- Then add the crushed coconut mixture
- Add malabar tamarind, salt and curry leaves.
- Then pour some oil over them and thoroughly mix them.
- Then add fenugreek seed and mix them well.
- Then place the anchovy mix pan on the heat.
- Remove the lid and check whether the fish is well cooked or not.
- Finally, add some oil and curry leaves.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Serve the tasty anchovy peera vattichathe with meals.
Leave a Reply