- Soya chunks – 2 cup
- Onion – 3 nos
- Shallots – 14 to 15 nos
- Ginger – 1
- Garlic – 9 to 10 nos
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Tomatoes – 2 nos
- Lemon – ½ piece
- Coriander leaves – one hand full
- Coconut tidbits-1/2 cup
- Black pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala -2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 nos
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Fennel seed – 1 tsp
- Mace –jathipathri
- Red chilli flakes-1 tsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 or 3 tbsp
- Heat water in a pan add some salt and soya chunks ,boil them well, drain hot water.
- Then wash the soya chunks with normal water ,squeeze excess water and set aside.
- Crush shallots and transfer into a bowl.
- Again crush ginger and garlic ,set aside.
- Take a bowl add semi cooked soya chunks ,salt and turmeric powder.
- Then add some ginger garlic pasate,coriander powder,red chilli powder,garam masala and coconut
- Mix them well and marinated for half an hour.
- Heat small amount of oil add soya chunks and stir for 5 to 6 minutes, transfer to a medium size bowl
and set aside.
- Then pour sufficient amount of oil in the same pan add fennel seed,cinnamon,cloves and mace –
jathipathri saute them well.
- Add coconut tidbites and fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add crush shallots,chopped onion,green chilli,ginger garlic paste and curry leaves, saute until onion
and shallots turns light goldeb brown.
- Add some spice powders like red chilli powder,garam masala,coriander powder,black pepper
powder, and red chilli flakes,saute until their raw smell is gone.
- Then add chopped tomatoes,saute well until tomatoes gets mashed up.
- Add soya chunks ,squeezed half lemon juice ,sprinkle some coriander leaves and salt ,mix them well.
- Finally add few curry leaves and mix them well.
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- Serve the tasty soya chunks roast with meals.