- Chicken – 1 kg
- Dry red chillies – 5 or 6 nos
- Shallots – 13 to 15 nos
- Ginger – 1 big
- Garlic – 6 to 7 nos
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Green chilli- 3 or 4 nos
- Lemon squeeze – ½ piece
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Fennel seed – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1 cup
- Salt – 2 or 3 tsp
- First we have to cut and cleaned with water ,set aside.
- Then we have to grind dry red chillies, fennel seed, ginger ,garlic and shallots into fine paste
- Take a large bowl add salt ,corn flour, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, grinded masala
paste, squeezed lemon juice and mix them well.
- Then add some coconut oil and mix them properly.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces and mix them well, and marinated for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan add grated coconut ,grinded masala and salt ,saute till they become golden brown
and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan add curry leaves and green chillies fry them well and drain ,set aside.
- Then add marinated chicken pieces into the hot oil .
- Then add roasted coconut mix and fry them well ,
- Drain excess oil and sprinkled fried curry leaves and green chilli into the top of the chicken fry.
- Serve and enjoy kerala style chicken fry with meals.