- Dry red chilli – 6 or 7 nos
- Shallots- 9 or 10 nos
- Tamarind – small size
- Curry leaves- 3 or 4 sprigs
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Coconut oil -2 or 3
- Heat oil in a pan add dry red chilli and fry them well, drain and keep aside.
- Again add shallots ,tamarind and curry leaves into the hot oil pan ,saute and fry them well.
- Drain excess oil and keep aside.
- Now, we have to grind fried dry red chilly and salt into fine powder .
- Then add fried shallots ,tamarind and curry leaves into smooth paste ,transfer into a bowl and keep aside.
- Finally add some fresh coconut oil and mix them well.
- Serve and enjoy the tasty and simple mulaku chammanthi with kappa or dosa.