- Ash guard – 1 no.
- Shallots – 100 gms.
- Grated coconut – 1/2 portion.
- Garlic – 1 no.
- Green chilies – 4 nos.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Fenugreek powder – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Cumin – 1 teaspoon.
- Salt – as required.
- Curry leaves.
- In a pot, mix chopped ash gourd, shallots, green chilies, turmeric powder, curry leaves, and water. Add 2 teaspoons of oil and cook the ash gourd.
- Grind grated coconut, cumin, shallots, and garlic on a stone grinder. Add the prepared paste to the cooked ash gourd.
- Heat oil in another pan, splutter mustard. Saute finely sliced shallots, add chili powder and fenugreek powder. Pour the shallot mix to the cooked ash gourd.