Kerala style egg plant theeyal
- Brinjal (cut length wise) : 3 or 4 big
- Snake gourd:small piece
- Onion (cut length wise) : 2 nos
- Green chillies : 2 nos
- Tomato:1 nos
- Pearl onion : 5 nos
- Fennel seed : 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon:1 or 2 small
- Coriander powder : 1 1/2
- chilly powder : 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: a few
- Coconut : 1 small
- Salt to taste
- For preparing Kerala Brinjal Theeyal, first heat oil in a pan.
- Keep the flame at the lowest, add the coconut ,small onion and curry leaves and roast till
light golden brown.
- Then grind the fried coconut ,fennel seed and cinnamon into a fine paste,
- Heat the oil in a another pan,add mustard seeds and when they splutter,
- Add onion ,brinjal ,snake gourd,and green chilly mix well and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, till it
starts changing colour.
- Then we add chilly powder,coriander powder ,salt and tomato ,mix well and pour some
water in to the pan .
- Once the brinjals get cooked, add the ground coconut paste and cook for a couple of
- When the gravy turns medium thick, turn off the flame and serve with rice