- Chicken-1 kg
- Shallots-9 or 10
- Ginger-1 big
- Garlic-8 or 9
- Green chilli-6 or 7
- Curry leaves-2 sprigs
- Tomato-2 medium
- Fennel seed-1 tsp
- Grated coconut-1/2 cup
- Coriander powder-2 tbsp
- Pepperpowder-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala-1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder-1 ½ tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Oil-4 tbsp
- Water-1 cup
- First we cut and clean the chicken ,keep a side
- Heat oil in a pan add fennel seed Once they start to splutter.
- Add shallots ,ginger,garlic green chilli and curry leaves saute well till the change the colour .
- Again we add powders like coriander powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder mix well
- Then we add tomato and salt , saute well ,till the tomatoes are soften .
- Now we add chicken pieces and water mix ,cover and cook well .
- After we remove the lid, add small amount of pepper powder and garam masala ,mix well
and remove from fire.
- Then we heat oil in a another pan add grated coconut ,curry leaves saute well till they change
the colour into brown
- Again we add red chilli powder mix well and remove from fire.
- Then we add roasted coconut red chilli mix into the chicken curry mix and cook for some
- Turn off the flame ,serve and enjoy the taste of chicken curry.