- Chicken -1 kg
- Dry red chilli -4 or 5 nos
- Black pepper-1 tbsp
- Coriander seed -1 tbsp
- Fennel seed – 1 tbsp
- Ginger -1 big
- Garlic -7 or 8 petals
- Chopped onion -4 nos
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Coriander leaves- one handful
- Turmeric powder- 1 /2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- First we have to clean and cut the chicken into pieces and set a side.
- Take a pan add dry red chilli ,black pepper, coriander seed, fennel seed and little amount oil
and heat well and keep aside.
- Then we crush the heated ingredients like dry red chilli ,coriander seed ,black pepper and
fennel seed into powder and set aside
- Again we grind ginger and garlic into fine paste and set aside
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onion and fry they turn golden ,drain and set a side.
- Now we grind the fried onion into smooth paste and keep a side.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan add ginger and garlic paste and saute well.
- Then we add chicken pieces and mix well.
- We have to add turmeric powder and crushed powders( dry redchill,coriander,fennel,black
pepper )saute and mix well.
- Add salt, curry leaves, grinded paste of fried onions and water and mix ,cover and cook on
low flame till the chicken turns soften.
- Finally we add some chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Remove from fire and set a side .
- Serve and enjoy the taste of black pepper chicken roast with chapatti..
Leave a Reply