- Taro root – 1/2 kg peeled and cut to small pieces.
- Grated coconut – 1 cup.
- Cumin – 1 teaspoon.
- Shallots – 10 nos.
- Dried chilies – 8 nos.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Curry leaves – 3 stem.
- Salt as required.
- Coconut oil – 1 teaspoon.
- Shallots – 4 nos.
- Dried chilies – 2 nos.
- Coconut – 1/4 cup.
- Clean and cut taro roots.
- Make a paste of 1/4 cup grated coconut, cumin, 5 shallots, 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, curry leaves, and 4 dried chilies.
- Make a paste of 1/2 cup grated coconut, 4 dried chilies, 1 teaspoon cumin, 4 shallots.
- Keep the taro root for cooking. Once cooked remove from the flame. Using a wooden spoon slightly mash the taro roots. Mix in both the prepared paste. Season with salt and combine all well.
- Keep it back on the flame and bring it back to a small boil.
- For tempering heat a pan with oil, splutter mustard. Saute in dried chilies, shallots, and grated coconut. When the coconut turns brown mix it into the taro root curry.
- and serve it.
Leave a Reply