- Tomatoes -10 or 12 nos
- Tamarind – small piece
- Dry red chilli – 5 or6 nos
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek – 1 tsp
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Sesame oil – 5 or 6 tbsp
- First we clean and cut the tomatoes into small pieces and keep a side.
- Then we soak tamarind into a bowl and squeeze well and keep a side.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan add chopped tomatoes and tamarind extract mix well and cook on
a medium flame they turn mushy and keep a side.
- Now we grind cooked tomatoes into fine paste and keep a side.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed, fenugreek ,dry red chilli and tomato grind paste mix
- Again we add red chilli powder, turmeric powder salt and asafoetida powder mix and cook
for some minutes
- Turn off the flame and let the pickle cool down
- Serve and enjoy the taste of tomato pickle .