- Banana – 2 nos
- Rice flour – 2 cups
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 or 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Take a pan add grated coconut ,chopped banana and sugar ,combine and set aside.
- Take a pan add rice flour and salt.
- Now we sprinkle little by little amount of water .
- Mix the rice flour with your finger to a course mixture ,set aside.
- Heat the vessel with water and allow water to simmer.
- Take a half coconut shell and add banana coconut mix .
- Now we add rice flour mix
- Again we have to layer with grated coconut banana mix .
- Fix the filled coconut shell on the steamer opening
- Then covered with other half of the coconut shell.
- Steam passing through the lid hole, shows that the Puttu is cooked and ready.
- Then we detach the mould from the boiled water bath.
- Invert the shell on a plate.
- Serve and enjoy the pazham Puttu with coffee.
Leave a Reply