- Anchovy fish – 1 kg
- Shallots 8 or 9 nos
- Green chilli – 3 nos
- Tomato – 2 nos
- Garlic – 6 or 7 nos
- Ginger – 1 medium
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp.
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Tamarind – 1 small ball
- Water – 1 glass
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Cleaned the fish and drain ,set a side.
- Heat oil in pan add chopped shallots ,green chillies,garlic , ginger and saute well for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add curry powders like red chilli powders,coriander powder and turmeric powder saute well
- Then add chopped tomatoes and one glass of water .
- Add some salt and mix well,cover and cook till the tomatoes become soften and mashy .
- Remove the masala from fire and keep aside.
- Take a small bowl add tamarind and water mix well and drain ,set aside
- Heat oil in a earthware pan add fenugreek seed and fennel seed ,let them cracled.
- Add curry leaves and cooked masala and mix it well.
- Add tamarind water mix well and cover and cook for some times.
- Remove the lid and add cleaned anchovy fish and mix,cover and cook for 7 to 8 minutes.the fish will
be cooked by this time.
- Finally sprinkle some curry leaves and remove from fire and set aside.
- Serve the anchovy fish curry with boiled tapioca or rice .
- Enjoy the taste of kerala style fish curry