- Chicken – 1 kg
- Onion – 3 nos
- Curry leaves -3sprigs
- Ginger – 1 nos
- Garlic – 6 or 7 nos
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
- Cinnamon – 1 nos
- Dry red chilli – 4 or 5 nos
- Fennel seed – 1 tsp
- Coriander seed – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1or2 tsp
- Oil – 3 or4 tbsp
- Take a pan add cleaned chicken pieces ,salt ,red chilli powder and turmeric powder mix them well
and marinated for 1 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan add cinnamon , fennel seed, dry red chilli, and coriander seed ,saute and roasted
them well,set aside.
- Then grind the roasted ingredients into fine powder and set aside .
- Again crush ginger and garlic into fine paste and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onion,saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add green chilli , curry leaves and crush ginger garlic paste ,saute them well.
- Add marinated chicken pieces and combine the well.
- Then add roasted masala and combine them well.
- Add aqurate amount of water ,cover and cook till the chicken become ready .
- Remove from fire and keep aside.
- Serve the kerala style chicken roast with appam
Leave a Reply