- Basmati rice – 1 kg
- Egg – 8 nos
- Onion – 3 nos
- Garlic – 6 or7 nos
- Ginger – 1 big
- Tomatoes – 2 nos
- Coriander leaves- small handfull
- Green chilli – 3 nos
- Lime – ½ pieces
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder- 1/2tbsp
- Garam masala – 1/2tbsp
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Cinnamon – 1 nos
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Oil – 2 or3tbsp
- Salt- 1 or2tsp
- Firstly , take a bowl add basmati rice and water ,soak for 20 minutes.
- Take a heavy bottom pot add water, ghee, green chilli , lime juice and salt ,cover and boil
- Now we have to drain basmati rice and rewash,seta side .
- Then add soaked basmati rice into the boiled water pot and cook them well.
- Ones the rice is well cooked ,drain excess water and keep aside.
- Heat water in a pan add salt and eggs, boil them well .
- Then transfer the boiled eggs into the normal water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add spices like cardamom , cinnamon, cloves ,saute them well .
- Add chopped onion , green chilli, chopped garlic and ginger , saute them well .
- Add red chilli powder, pepper powder and garam masala , saute them well.
- Add chopped tomatoes andsalt , cook them well ,till the tomatoes become soften .
- Now add the beaten eggs and scramble them for about a minute.
- Add cooked basmati rice and sprinkle some coriander leaves,combinethem well.
- Finally add peeled boiled eggs .
- Remove from fire and keep aside.
- Serve the simple egg rice recipe
Leave a Reply