- Chickpea – 2 cup
- Pearl Onion – 18 to 20 nos
- Onion – 2 nos
- Tomatoes – 2 nos
- Garlic – 7 or 8 nos
- Ginger – 1 nos
- dry red chillies -3 nos
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Pepper seed – 1 tsp
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Cardamom – 2 or 3 nos
- Cinnamon – 1 nos
- Cloves – 4 nos
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Oil – 4 or 5 tbsp
- First we wash and clean chickpea set a side.
- Heat a pan add cleaned chickpea ,water and salt ,cook well and set a side.
- Heat oil in a pan add cardamom,cinnamon,cloves ,cumin seed and pepper seed saute well
- Then we have to add grated coconut ,chopped onion and garlic saute well till they become
- Then we have to add curry powders like red chilli powder ,coriander powder,turmeric powder
and garam masala saute well and remove from fire and set aside.
- Then we have to grind the sauted ingredients like grated coconut ,onion etc into fine paste set
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed and let them crackle.
- Add dry red chilli, curry leaves,ginger and chopped onion mix well and saute for 5 to 6
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute well ,cover and cook well till they become soften.
- Then we have to add grinded paste and mx well.
- Add cooked chickpea and water mix well and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Ones the curry is ready remove from fire and set aside.
- Serve and enjoy kadala curry with appam .