- Sardine fish – 1 kg
- Onion – 3 nos
- Tomatoes – 1 nos
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Green chilli – 3 nos
- Ginger – 5 to 6 nos
- Garlic – 1 nos
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Turmericpowder – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander seed – 1 tsp
- Fennel seed -1 tsp
- Pepper seed – 1 tsp
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil – 4 or 5 tbsp
- Wash and clean the fish ,then slit the fish on both of the sides ,keep aside.
- Then crush fennel seed, pepper seed, ginger and garlic and keep aside.
- Pan sardine fish,salt ,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder ,half of the crush masala
and oil mix and cover them well.
- Marinated for half an hour.
- Take a bowl add grated coconut then mix and squeezewith neat hands ,drain thick coconut milk
and set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan ,add marinated fish and fry them well.
- Drain excess oiland keep aplate.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onion and salt ,saute for fewminutes.
Add another half of crush masala ,curry leaves,turmeric powder,red chilli powder and green chilli
- ,saute them well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they become soften .
- Remove from fire and keep aside.
- Take a banana leaf and show it in flame for few seconds to soften.
- Pour some oil and spread them well,
- Add sauted masala, and fried fish .
- Then pour the thick coconut milk into the top of the masala .
- Then wrap the banana leaves and fold them.tie it well using a banana string .
- Heat oil in a pan, and place the wrapped fish in the pan and cook for some minutes.
- Then flip the fish and cook again for 5 to6 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and serve it hot.
Leave a Reply