- Jack fruit – 1 kg
- Garlic – 5 or 6 nos
- Green chilli- 2 nos
- Grated coconut -1 cup
- Dry red chilli – 2 nos
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Shallots- 7 to 8 nos
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigsa
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Salt -1 or2 tsp
- Oil- 1 or 2 tbsp
- Firstly remove outer thorny green skin and cut it into half and chopped the jackfruit into
small pieces ,keep a side.
- Take a pan add chopped jackfruit ,salt and water cover andcook them well.
- Remove excess water and keep another pan,set aside.
- Then grind green chilli,grated coconut,garlic,cumin seed,shallots and curryleaves into fine
paste andset aside.
- Then take a mortar and pestle add cooked jackfruit andsmash them well ,set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed and urad dal,let them crackled.
- Add dry red chilli and curry leaves saute for few minutes.
- Then add chopped shallots fry them well.
- Add smashed jackfruit and grinded coconut paste ,cook them well.
- Remove from fire and keep aside.
- Serve the kerala tender jackfruit stir fry with meals