- Mackerel fish – 1 kg
- Shallots- 12 or1 8 nos
- Green chilli – 3 or 4nos
- Ginger – 1 nos
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Malabar tamarind- 4 nos
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Fenugreek powder -1 tsp
- Dry red chilli – 3 or 4 nos
- Coriander seed – 1 tsp
- Salt -1 tsp
- Oil -1 or 2 tsp
- Firstly ,we have to clean and cut into small pieces ,then wash and set aside.
- Grind dry red chilli,coriander seed first and then add grated coconut and shallots ,grind them well,set
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped shallots,green chilli, chopped ginger and curry leaves,sute for few
- Then add grinded coconut masala and some water .
- Again add soaked Malabar tamarind ,water andsalt .mix them well.
- Add fenugreek powder ,cover and boil them well.
- Finally add mackerel fish ,again cover and cook till the fish become ready.
- Remove from fire and keepaside.