- Banana – 3 nos
- Rice flour – 2 nos
- Jaggery -1 cup
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Cardamom- 3 nos
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2 or 3 tsp
- Bay leaves – 8 or 9nos
- Heat a pan ,add jaggery and water boil them well, then drain and keep aside.
- Crush cardamom into fine powder set aside.
- Peel the bananas and smash with neat hands.
- Then add rice flour,grated coconut, cardamom powder,salt and ghee into bowland
- Add drained jaggery water little by little and make a smooth dough . It should not be too
thick or too loose. Add jaggary water if necessary or the dough is too thick.
- Then make cones from the bay leaves, pin it up with stem of coconut leaves.
- Now put the mixture into the cones, as per the size of the leaf.
- Then fold the top with the upper edge .
- Heat water in a idli steamer , Place the cones on a steamer and steam for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy traditional kerala recipe with tea.