- Kada/ Quail – 4
- Shallot -20
- Ginger – 1piece
- Garlic – 6 or 7cloves
- Green Chilly – 2 (slit)
- Curry Leaves – 1sprig
- Tomato -1(chopped)
- Coriander Powder – 1tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala -2tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilly powder – 1tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1tsp
- Salt -11/2 teaspoon
- Coconut pieces-1/2 pieces
- Cashew nut -20 or22 nos
- Fennel seed -1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon-1 nos
- Coconut Oil – 21/2 tablespoon
- First we Cut the quail into 4 or 5 pieces and wash it thoroughly.
- Then we crushed the ginger and garlic separately
- Then we grind the cashew nut into smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan add fennal seed ,cardamom,cinnamon,ginger,garlic ,shallots
and curry leaves saute well
- Again we add red chilli powder ,coriander powder, pepper powder and garam
masala, saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Then we add tomato and cook till the tomato turns soft .
- Again we add water and salt ,cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes.
- Then we add quail ,cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes .
- Add cashew smooth paste and mix well
- Add some curry leaves in to the top of the quail roast and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and serve with appam or meals..
- Enjoy the taste ….