* Rice powder – 2 cups
* Besan powder – 1 cup
* Chilli powder – 2 tablespoons
* Turmeric powder – 2 teaspoons
* Asafoetida (hing) powder – 2 teaspoons
* Fennel seeds powder – 2 teaspoosn
* Salt – to taste
* Coconut oil – to fry
* Curry leaves – 5 stems
* Water – to make the dough
Let’s see how to prepare yummy pakoda
1. Mix the rice powder and besan powder thoroughly.
2. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, and fennel seed powder to the above powder mixture. Add water and 2 teaspoons oil gradually and prepare a dough and keep it aside for half-hour.
3. Heat oil in a wok, on medium fire, fry curry leaves and keep it aside.
4. Grease the Sev Press or the Sev Sancha with oil and place the plate with many thin strips into the press.
5. Fill in the ribbon pakoda dough into the press.
6. Press out thin strips of the dough into the hot oil. Fry it till it turns golden brown, using a slotted spoon drain excess oil out and transfer the ribbon pakodas on a plate with an oil absorbent paper to cool completely.
7. Put the fried curry leaves to the pakodas.
Cautious !!!! Deep frying on high heat will brown the pakodas quickly and not crisp it.
Your yummy Kerala style ribbon pakoda is ready to enjoy.