- Rose apple-1 kg
- Ginger-1 big
- Garlic-13 to 14
- Green chilli-4
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Vinegar-1 tbsp
- Asafoetida-small piece
- Kashmiri red chilli powder- 3 tbsp
- Turmeric ½ tbsp.
- Fenugreek powder-1 tbsp
- Mustard seed- 1 tsp
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- First we wash the rose apples thoroughly. Cut into half, de-seed and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan ,add rose apple and Saute lightly until the colour starts to
lighten, keep a side.
- Again we heat oil in a pan add mustard seed , Once the seeds pop,
- Then we add ginger, garlic, green chilli and small piece of asafoetida ,mix and saute for
- Then we add curry powders like Kashmiri red chilli, turmeric powder, fenugreek powder mix
well and saute for some minutes.
- Now we add curry leaves and sauted rose apple mix well
- Then we add vinegar and stir well. ones the vinegar gets boiled,
- Add some salt and mix well and turn off the flame
- Serve the kerala style rose apple pickle with rice.